Custom Built Pizza Oven Doors

I’m excited to try bread the next day. The door and the damper really trapped some heat in. First photo is without the door 12 hrs later and the second is with the damper closed and the door on the oven 12 hours later.

3 Likes

Since we are always trying to improve the oven designs… we take all of our customers comments and suggestions to heart and make improvements when possible. One of those improvements is to our current door handles. Customers are asking for a wood handle that doesn’t touch the door - but a handle that is connected to the door via a metal bracket.

I’ve designed a stainless steel bracket that mounts to the mounting screw / hole pattern on your existing doors. When these brackets are ready to ship, I will email ALL of our past customers to let them know that we are selling “Door-A-New” kits that will contain S/Steel Door Brackets, Wood Dowel Handles, S/Steel Screws, Fine Sandpaper and a can of Black High-Temp Paint. And we will be selling these kits AT COST for all past customers…

Pic 1 - Finished Look / Brackets will be powdercoated black

Pic 2 - 3D Printed Bracket / Testing

Pic 3 - Schematics for @bikerbudmatt

1 Like

You will make a lot of BrickWood users happy with this kit. I love the current door handles, but mine too have scorched at the contact points.

The schematic seems to show that the stand-off space between the dowel and the metal plate will be about the same as the current handle. That’s a good space for my gloved hand (and currently I’m using leather welder’s gloves), with a little bit of room to spare. And it’s a big win to use the existing holes to attach the new brackets.

Thank you, Kevin! As attached as I am to the look of the current handles, I think this design will match the quality of the door plate and will better accommodate how people are actually using their doors.

1 Like

Huuzzzaaaa!!! As a engineer - a very elegant design. A tip of the cap…:+1:t3::cactus::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

So…when are these handles going to be available???:face_with_monocle::cowboy_hat_face: Me want sum…:rofl:

Still working on them…

But the moment they are ready, we going to notify everyone (via email).

THX!