Front of oven covered by steel plate for an industrial look

I’m just going to declare it now: this is a masterful build. You’ve truly taken this to a new level.

As you’ve seen, your oven is capable of turning out pizza that rivals a pizzeria, and in a hurry with some prep teamwork. Including utilities and shelter will make feeding that size wedding party a (chaotic) joy.

Your observations about the door are spot on. One tidbit of knowledge to share: as you’ve noted, the door has no function while actually baking pizza. The handles that currently ship with the door are as beautifully crafted as BWO describes on their site, but they are not suitable for the full 900°F+ heat of a roaring pizza-baking flame. They are great (and essential) for lower baking temperatures where you would use the door to retain heat, but the wood will start to scorch at that temperature. The way you describe using them now is the right way. Once your flames are well established you should take the door off.

I’m truly in awe of your work, and extend every good wish for future bakes — and for the wedding party that’s going to be blessed by some of the best celebration food they’ve ever tasted! Thanks again for sharing this project with us!

1 Like

Once again… the BAR has been RAISED!

Wow! This is a masterfully built oven! And the movie screen in the front of the structure - Pure Genius! This is a work of art that needs to be front, center and at the TOP of our photo gallery!

I can download the pics you attached, but they are small in size. If you still have the originals, could you send them to us when you have a moment? Submit Pictures and Videos of your BrickWood Ovens Project

I can guarantee that this oven / project is going to inspire hundreds of people to build something similar (but the original is ALWAYS the best).

Thank you @GVHarley for posting your progress and pics on the forum - and thank you @bikerbudmatt for the conversation!

Golden Trowel Award Winner!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Recipes for pizza dough and cheesy garlic knots