Swaglet Family Oven

So close to firing this thing up!! A few more days and I can start the cure!!

3 Likes

Hi Jay!
Hey i have to say that is totally AWESOME!!! I love that look and your finish!
Can you explain what you used and your process? Really looks good!! You have made me rethink my finish now!

Thanks,
Mike

1 Like

Thanks so much! The oven is just two coats of stucco and then a top coat of stucco using quikcrete terra-cotta cement coloring. I went with this vs. paint because down the line if I wanted to put brick veneer over it I wouldn’t need to strip the paint. The wood was done with a shou sugi ban treatment (basically torching the wood, removing the carbon with a wire brush and then sanding with 220grit and then linseed oil. I am debating tiling over the brick with some turquoise calavera tile.

2 Likes

BEAUTIFUL OVEN! Please be sure to send pictures of the entire project when she’s all done… this is definately a Photo Gallery “Page 1” oven!

Excellent Job!

BrickWood Ovens Photo Gallery / Photo Submission

1 Like

Some more pics of the finished product.

And some of the food I’ve made in it.

Instagram - @therealjaybagley

1 Like

Genius idea for the kebabs.

1 Like

Congratulations and thanks for sharing those photos Jay! Wondering if your wood compartment door is a “floater” or a slider?

The toned stucco looks so clean and attractive. And you’ve got the food thing going for sure.

Way to go!

1 Like

It’s a floater. Painted it with chalkboard paint and let the kids go nuts with it.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing some of your foods beside pizza. The misses and i are always looking for news ideas!

1 Like

Hey Jay -

When you get a second… can you upload all your oven images to:

Brickwoodovens.com/photos

I’m working hard on the new Website & Photo Gallery 2.0 and want to make sure your oven is on there :slight_smile:

THX!

I love this look and I think I am going to do this or the charcoal coloring for my oven. Hopefully getting to the ceramic blanket this weekend. Does this help with the sealing at all or would you still need to seal to weatherproof?