Where can I get a DuraTech Damper for my Pizza Oven?

information how to purchase 6x6 ss damper

Here you go -

DuraTech Damper for BrickWood Ovens Pizza Ovens

This link to the DuraTech Damper Pipe page does not exist anymore (Not Found). Does Brickwoodovens still sell these? If not, where can I find one?

Hi Mark,

The dampers, as I recall, were a limited run item that was specially fabricated by DuraTech for @BrickWood . It may be that they sold out of them. But you aren’t imagining it: the damper kit looks like it dropped out of the store. I’ll raise a flag, because I’m sure Brickwood can say more about it.

Yeah thanks Matt. Such an important component if you want to do a sourdough-Sunday after a long weekend of slinging Caputo pizzas and tagines.

I know what you mean, Mark.

My recollection from what I saw last year is that DuraTech doesn’t carry these as a stock component. If a company like Brickwood wants them, they have to persuade DuraTech to do a custom fabrication and then purchase up front a minimum quantity. It’s a short double-wall pipe (like the other chimney components) with swaged ends and a center-suspended damper flap inside. It can be added into your stack assembly at a later date, so you’re not out of luck if you can’t get it while you’re building.

I’ve flagged your question so @BrickWood will see it.

Happy :pizza:! (And thanks for that weekend description which made me hungry on a Monday morning.)

I did receive an email from Brickwood with an invoice for the damper if I so wished to pay for it, which I did. So I’m guessing they have them in stock for request only? Not sure why it’s not on the website store anymore. But oh well, problem solved, thank you, @BrickWood !!!