Discenza Backyard Pizza Oven

Been doing stuff since I last posted.

Fifth seasoning fire ablaze.

Sixth and final seasoning fire burning down

Waiting for the first cooking fire to burn down

First frozen pizza, came out a bit charred

This pizza, from Trader Joe’s dough, came out great!

Applied veneer to the barrel of the oven

I like the look of the stones

I wrapped the sides and back of the chimney with the stones as well, and added tiles to the front of the oven

I think they’ll look much better trimmed and grouted

The tiles on the food prep surface came out great!

Tomorrow I apply stacked stone veneer to the base outsides and front, and maybe the tiles to mask the front edge of the hearth slab.

Grout next weekend, and I got the stuff with integrated sealant, so I don’t have to deal with sealer.

Getting close to the finish line!

G

1 Like

Labor day lived up to its name…

Stacked stone veneer on the base, and tile around the hearth slab.

I think I did a pretty good job, all things considered, and tonight is the first homemade dough pizza - Onions, peppers and mushrooms

G

2 Likes

Am I the only one who gets mildly depressed when a project is finished?

I’m proud of how it turned out. My wife is thrilled, and now I’m teaching myself oven fire management. But still, there’s that little feeling of loss knowing I’m done working on the oven.

On a different note, how do I post this build diary to the Brickwood Gallery?

G

1 Like

Nope…you’re not alone. I get a bit of the “sad’s” as well…

Not at all. You poured a lot of yourself (not to mention base rock, concrete, and mortar) into that beautiful oven. There is something stimulating about thinking through a project and having to pull together every step, every time you work on it.

You’ll be happy to know that my spouse (who has a large say in the veneer choices) was thinking something very similar to what you’ve done, and absolutely flipped over these photos!

You just had to wish it. :wink: @BrickWood has added it to the Photo & Video Gallery for everyone to see.

Congratulations on your build and many happy days of fire management (and pizza consumption) to you!

1 Like

How do I find it, I went through all 7 pages… @BrickWood care to enlighten me?

G

Beautiful Oven!

I love the river rock veneer and the matching tile… And you are going to LOVE having the prep-table right next to your oven. River Rock is a tough veneer to work with - and you ROCKED it! Be sure to keep the oven sealed - you don’t want any water puddling. BEAUTIFUL JOB! I’ve always loved river rock! Great choice!

I’m looking forward to seeing more pics of this oven! To submit more pics (and any videos if you have some) - please visit Submit Pictures and Videos of your BrickWood Ovens Project

1 Like